It is estimated around 6% of the general population are allergic to products containing natural latex rubber. Sensitivity to the proteins in latex can cause allergic reactions such as shortness-of-breath, wheezing, hives on the skin and/or an itching sensation after coming into contact with products containing latex.
People who suffer from nut allergies, asthma and hay fever are more likely to be allergic to latex. In rare cases, exposure to latex may cause anaphylaxis. If you experience any of the above symptoms after contact with liquid latex please seek medical advice. For further reading on diagnosis and treatment, see information provided by the NHS on latex allergies.
Do not use liquid latex if you have a latex allergy. If during skin contact you experience itching, hives or shortness-of-breath, stop using liquid latex immediately, wash the affected area with mild soap and water and consult your GP, even if the symptoms appear mild. In cases of ingestion: wash out mouth with water. In cases of eye contact: bathe the eye with running water for 15 minutes. Use liquid latex in well ventilated areas. Dispose of liquid latex in accordance with local authority regulations. Do not empty into drains or rivers. Replace screw cap after use. Store in cool, dark conditions. Keep out of reach of children. Liquid latex will stain fabric. This information is believed to be correct but does not purport to be all inclusive and should be used only as a guide. Ensure adequate safety tests are undertaken to determine suitability for the intended use. liquidflesh.com shall not be held liable for any damage or personal injury resulting from handling or from contact with liquid latex. Contains natural latex rubber (60%) ammonia (0.3% max).